General Information FAQ
Browse our collection of frequently asked questions. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Please call us at (248) 230-7297. We are happy to help answer your questions!
Why should I choose 4 Paws Community Center?
4 Paws Community Center is a family-owned and operated facility with years of experience loving and taking care of pets. Our pricing is all-inclusive. Daycare is included in boarding stays. Medication and special feeding is included. The ability to check in or out any time during our regular hours. Live web cams you can access from your computer or mobile device. Tons of TLC from our professionally trained staff. A luxurious condo with a raised Kuranda bed and a bedtime snack if you wish to bring one.
What are some safety measures you have in place at your facility?
- Professionally trained staff
- Continuing education
- Overnight staffing
- Building Air purification systems
- Building Air filtration systems
- 100% Fresh air exchange on HVAC system
- Cat condos have isolated ventilation system
- Climate controlled environment in all indoor play areas
- Leash sanitation station
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the building
- Chemical mixing station for the most effective disinfection
- Sanitation stations throughout the building
- Fire alarm system
- Entire building generator so the power never goes out
- Building video surveillance and security system
- Double doors at all exits and group play areas
- Solid fencing between play yards so dogs do not respond and react to dogs in other groups
- Rubber flooring to reduce impact on paw pads, feet, hips, and joints
- High quality artificial turf outside that provides a soft, clean play surface
- Foam-core condo walls to help reduce sound
Do I need to bring my dog in on a leash?
Yes. We require that all dogs are on a slip lead or a leash with a collar or harness both in our parking lot and inside our building. We do not recommend using a Flexi leash since it is more difficult to control your dog with this type of leash. We have this leash requirement for your dog’s safety as well as the safety of all of our guests.
What are your hours?
Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays: 9a-11a and 4p-6p
Monday – Friday: 6:30a-7p
What is your After-Hours Policy?
4 Paws will allow after hours pickups under the following conditions:
- Customer must make an appointment time with 4 Paws staff, prior to close of business, to arrange for After Hours pickup or drop off. Please Call 248-230-7297.
- Customer must pre-pay, prior to close of business, for the entire stay including the $60 per pet After Hours Courtesy Fee. For our staff safety, no monetary exchanges will be allowed after hours.
- Also, for staff safety, after hour arrangements are not allowed after 9:00 PM.
- Owners must notify 4 Paws if they are running a few minutes late. Any dogs that are not picked up 15 minutes after our normal closing time will be boarded and charged our current boarding rate. Our front desk staff is only scheduled to work until 7:00 PM weekdays and 6:00 PM on weekends and holidays. Any exceptions to this will be charged the $60 per pet After Hours Courtesy Fee.
Are you open during major holidays?
Yes. We are open for all major holidays, but our public hours are limited to 9a-11a and 4p-6p for drop off and pick up. Our pets always receive normal care and attention during holidays. Our observed holidays are:
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th Of July
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
What vaccinations are required?
To ensure the safety and health of all pets that stay with us, the following vaccinations are mandatory and we recommend that they be administered at least 3-4 days prior to arrival at 4 Paws. This will give your dog’s immune system a chance to respond to the vaccine and to recover if they have any side effects. Please fax (248-418-0943), email ([email protected]), or bring proof of vaccinations with you.
- Dogs: Rabies, Distemper (DHPP or DHLPP), Bordetella, Canine Influenza, Fecal Exam
- Cats: Rabies, FVRCP (3 in 1 Distemper), Feline Leukemia
- Puppies and Kittens must have at least 2 Distemper (DHPP, DHLPP or FVRCP) combos
Titer results will be accepted per your veterinarian’s recommendation for DHLPP
What is your parasite (flea, tick, worms) policy?
We recommend flea and tick preventative treatment. All pets must be free of flea and ticks.
It is important for the health of all of our guests to discover and eliminate all parasites. Our staff is always on the lookout for external parasites (fleas and ticks) during their scheduled dog checks each shift and they are always on poop patrol for internal parasites (worms).
In the event that we discover parasites, we will make an attempt to contact you, but will proceed to treat the pet for the type of parasite found. This may include calling your vet for a prescription. Any treatment we administer will incur a charge. The pet will also be isolated from other guests.
Can I take a tour of your facility?
Yes. Although we have a virtual tour posted on our website, you are welcome to take a personal tour of our facility during our normal business hours. You are welcome anytime, but it is a bit hectic first thing in the morning and at the end of the day, so it might be best to avoid these times. You will be required to wear a mask while inside our facility and maintain social distancing.
Can I bring my pet when I take a tour?
You are welcome to bring your pet for the tour, but please bring proof of vaccinations with you. You will also be required to wear a mask while inside our facility and maintain social distancing.
Can you administer medications?
Yes. Our prices include the administration of medications given during normal business hours. We regularly administer oral and topical medications, including eye treatments. We are also able to give insulin injections to both dogs and cats. We ask that all medication be brought in the original containers with correct dosing instructions.
What happens in case of illness or injury?
We have procedures in place for our trained staff to observe and monitor the health and wellness of each pet at least twice during the morning shift and twice during the afternoon shift. We also have safety protocols in place for our trained staff to safely manage playgroups. If your pet becomes ill or injured, we will contact you or your emergency contact, and your veterinarian if needed. We will advise you of any recommended veterinary care. You are responsible for any veterinary fees due to illness.
What is important for you to know about my pet?
In order to best care for your pet, we need to know about your pet’s fears and preferences. Some examples include: Is your pet afraid of thunder, fireworks, and loud noises? Does your pet guard their food, bed, or toys? Will your dog’s heartworm preventative be due while they are with us? These are the things that will help us do our best to make sure your pet is well cared for while they are here. Please make a list of anything else that is important to your pet.
How does your package discounts work?
You may purchase a package for full days of daycare, half days of daycare, or nights. We offer free package days or nights based on the number of days or nights that you purchase. You may use package days for daycare or for boarding (using a combination of day and night packages). Packages do not expire. Available packages are as follows:
- Buy 10 get 1 free
- Buy 20 get 3 free
- Buy 30 get 6 free
- Buy 50 get 11 free
- Buy 100 get 24 free
Do you offer discounts for multiple pets?
We do offer lodging discounts for multiple pets from the same household that are lodging together. We also offer multiple pet discounts for our daycare guests. Discount only applies for pets residing at the same household address.
How often is your facility cleaned?
Our facility is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected every day. We immediately clean up any messes that are made while we're supervising the play groups. We use top of the line, animal-safe cleaner, disinfectant, and deodorizer. The product we use has been pre-approved by the EPA for use against emerging enveloped viral pathogens such as COVID-19, as well as other viral, bacterial, and fungal pathogens. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our facility!
What steps do you take to ensure that older dogs are comfortable?
All of our playrooms have rubber flooring that protects the pads of dog’s feet and also provides a comfortable walking surface for older dogs. All of our condos and hallways have a non-slip epoxy to help our older guests navigate. We encourage you to bring and we also have comfortable, washable bedding for older guests. We have separate play areas for older guests who no longer want to participate in an active play group.
Can I call to see how my dog is doing?
Absolutely!! Feel free to call during our normal business hours. If you don’t have phone service, you may also check in using email ([email protected]) and we will usually reply within 24 hours.